In this post, I will discuss in details for best shipping label printer for Etsy, Shopify, and Poshmark. As eCommerce seller myself, I know the importance of choosing right shipping label printer and how good printer can save us time and money and speed the process.
And for that reason, we have test 4 shipping printer in order find which is best for performance, quality, price and shipping label compatibility.
It is important to understand few important factor before buying shipping printer. The most important 3 factor take into consideration when purchasing the printer.
And they are speed, quality, and label compatibility. It is kind of obvious that speed and quality is important factor but many eCommerce business owner forget about label compatibility.
Why I am giving lots of attention on label comparability???
Because, shipping label is variable cost and you don’t want to buy a shipping printer that required high cost shipping label. For example, Dymo 4xl printer and some brother brand printer , they required you to bought their own shipping label which is really expensive.
So, you wanna make sure that a shipping printer that provide good quality print and speed and compatible with any shipping label. So you don’t have to stick with their official shipping label which can save lot of money in long run.
For that reason, I have tested a shipping label which work great with almost kinds of printer as well as high quality print.
Recommendation for Printer: If don’t have time to read the whole article which I highly recommend, here is shipping printer I recommend based on testing. Arkscan for Printer and Jardo Label for shipping label which both can be purchase at amazon.com
Without further talk, lets look top 4 shipping label printer with features and recommendation.
Here is top 4 Shipping Label printer For Etsy, Shopify, and Poshmark
As I will list the printer, I will details on what printer best for what eCommerce platform
1.Arkscan 2054A Roll & Fanfold Thermal Direct Label Printer
Arkscan 2054A thermal label printer is used to print any kind of image and text on the thermal paper using thermal printing technology. It prints shipping labels, product labels, and other labels without refilling ink or toner. It is compatible with both Windows and MAC, but not with IOS and Android.
- Diverse label printer: It comes in two types 2054A-USB and 2054A-LAN. 2054A-USB connects to laptop or desktop with USB only, while 2054A-LAN also has Ethernet and WIFI along with USB connectivity. This feature of 2054A-LAN not only makes it networkable but also lets you print from your tablet or smartphone.
- Multi-functional: It is a multi-functional printer, able to print shipping labels, barcode labels, and products. It prints any kind of shipping labels including EA, PayPal, shipstation, Shippo, UPS world ship, Shopify, etc.
- Zebra compatible: It is Zebra LP2844 compatible, it supports many software that requires Zebra printers only such as stamps desktop software.
- Product dimensions: It prints a minimum of 0. 75″ Maximum of 4. 25″ In width, minimum of 0. 4″ Maximum of 90″ In length.
- Free software: Free Bartender ultralight label making software provided with the printer. This software helps you to design your own label, it has full design capabilities for graphics, barcodes, and texts.
- High-speed printer: It produces high-resolution (203dpi) shipping labels at a speed of 5 inches per second. It takes only 1. 2 seconds to print one 4×6″ Shipping label.
Arkscan 2054A is a multi-functional, high speed, and diverse barcode label printer. It is compatible with Zebra LP2844 and is able to print shipping labels for online stores like Amazon, eBay, Etsy, PayPal, Shopify, Shippo, Stamps.com, and many others.
2. ROLLO Label Printer – Commercial Grade Direct Thermal High Speed Printer
ROLLO is a commercial-grade label printer, which is installed and works like a regular printer. It is compatible with all major shipping couriers and selling platforms. You can print to it from any application including Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, internet browser, and others.
- Cost-effective: It can be used with any direct thermal label. You don’t need printer-specific over-priced labels. It prints labels using advanced thermal technology without the need for ink or toner.
- Automatic label identification: It automatically learns the size and characteristics of your label.
- Crystal clear label: It prints crystal clear labels. Whether you print 5 or 5000 labels at a time, the quality of labels will not compromise at all.
- Compatibility: It is compatible with all major shipping platforms including ShippingEasy, Shippo, ShipWorks, Ordoro, and marketplaces like Shopify, eBay, and others. It has limited support for FedEx Ship Manager.
- High-speed label maker: It prints labels at a speed of 150mm/sec, which means it produces 238 labels per minute. It prints labels from 1.57” to 4.1” wide with no restriction on the height. It is ideal for 4”x 6” warehouse labels, shipping labels, barcode, bulk mailing labels, ID labels, etc.
- Easy to operate: It is easy to install with Windows (XP and newer) and Mac (10.9 and newer). It works like a regular printer. 24/7 US-based customer service is provided for any kind of help.
Rollo is the fastest, most reliable, and cost-effective label printer. It prints high-quality labels for major shipping platforms and is compatible with all couriers including FedEx, DHL, USPS, UPS, and other major couriers.
3.DYMO 1755120 LabelWriter 4XL Thermal Label Printer
DYMO LabelWriter prints cost-effective, extra-large shipping and warehouse labels by using direct thermal technology. The use of thermal technology eliminates the use of expensive ink or toner. You can create labels directly from text in popular software such as Outlook, QuickBooks, and Microsoft Word.
- Time-saving: It can print 129 high capacity 4-line address labels or 53 standard 4-line address labels merely in one minute. Labels are printed in a continuous roll format to save time.
- Cost-effective: There’s no need for expensive ink or toner cartridges.
- DYMO software: DYMO productivity software enables you to print labels right from PC or MAC, even directly from MS Word, Outlook, and QuickBooks. It enhances printing capabilities including graphics and barcodes.
- Suitable for popular shipping platforms: It prints high-quality crystal-clear labels for popular shipping platforms such as eBay, Amazon, iabol, and Etsy. It makes dozens of label styles for file folders, name badges, shipping, mailing, etc.
- Compatibility: It is compatible with Windows 7 or above and MAC OS X v10.10 or above.
- Accessories: Box includes LabelWriter 4XL printer, adapter, USB cable, power cable, 5 rolls of extra-large shipping label, DYMO productivity software CD, and a quick start guide.
DYMO LabelWriter makes perfect self-adhesive extra-large shipping labels for popular shipping platforms. It creates USPS- approved postage. It prints 4” wide international shipping labels along with label styles for file folders online postage, standard mailing and shipping labels, and many more.
4. Zebra GK420d Direct Thermal Desktop Printer
Zebra – GX420d is the fastest printer with a complete set of features for desktop printer lineup. It offers top quality prints at a very high print speed. It prints shipping labels as well as name tags, wrist bands, etc.
- No ink or toner: It prints by using direct thermal technology, eliminating the cost for expensive ink or toner.
- Connectivity: It is easy to use by connecting via serial, USB, or parallel port.
- Time-saving: It saves time by printing high-quality labels with a resolution of 203dpi and at a speed of 6in/sec.
- MAC and PC: It is easily integrated with MAC OS X 10.6 snow leopard and above, Windows 10 and above, and Linux systems using CUPS printer drivers.
- Compatibility: It is compatible for making labels for mailing, shipping, address, file folders, binder labels, and barcodes as well as receipts, name tags, and wristbands.
- Automatic peeler: It has an automatic peeler, which automatically peels the lining from each label. Hence, it produces ready to use labels.
- Print width: It prints a label with a maximum print width of 4 inches.
Zebra’s GX420d direct thermal printer is loaded with advanced features to increase productivity and reduce operator errors. It meets all of your low to medium-level printing requirements. You can print high-quality labels for shipping, mailing, address, as well as wristbands and receipts.
So, as you you can the feature of all 4 shipping printer, Arkscan and Rollo standout. The key difference with Rollo and Arkscan is that Rollo comes with separate shipping label holder which require fanfold label with holder and for roll label as well.
And for Arkscan in work with Roll label without requiring label holder as it goes inside the printer and it also work FanFold Label with holder.
Also to be noted, that Rollo required extra space no matter what, but with Arkscan no extra space required when using roll label.
For that reason, I have placed Arkscan as number #1 and Rollo #2.
And for Dymo, I have placed 3rd or 4th Place because it is very difficult work with when using other than dymo label. Altough, I have Test Jardo Label which works great with Dymo.
And For Zebra, It is expensive and there is great alternative available with lower price and same performance and quality.
So, I recommend Arkscan and Rollo for your shipping label printer . And I hope you can do well in your eCommerce business.